Again, another long time since my last update. I promise I’ll keep regular updates once I get this thing finished.
On my last update, I mentioned that I would be looking at a late September release. I can’t say for sure if I can or not now. I’m going to still try. I have still haven’t done the cover or any illustrations yet. I’m still in my artistic slump.
A couple of weeks ago, I had the story 100% complete. I was happy with it too, then I started really looking at it. As you can tell from the two samples that I posted, my story is written in present tense. After some research and reading, I found this was not really the norm (I knew that already, but for some reason it felt more comfortable to write in present tense). Because of that, I am now converting the whole thing to past tense. This is proving to be a hefty challenge for me as I’m having to restructure a lot of sentences, and I keep finding myself missing changes or want to revert back to present.
This is slowing me down, a lot, but I will try to get as much as I can before the end of the month. This is the kind of thing I wanted to avoid — doubting myself and feeling the need to change what I already thought was working.
Some good news is, I’ve added a new section to the site, titled Bonus Content. What will be found here is additional material that I may add to the stories after I’ve already published them, or just providing extra story info as a thank you to the readers. I also plan to add extra story and character information. Of course, I don’t have anything yet (mainly since I don’t have anything published), but I am planning some interesting stuff.
So, that’s it for now, and I will try to post more often from now on.